A Letter from Dr Hermat Kroll to the US Homeland Security Department
Religious Discrimination by the Center for Terrorism Research, Washington D.C.
Dear Mr. Sutherland,
I would like to run meditation workshops for corporations in the US in November and December 2005. For this purpose I will be carrying books by the author Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh with me in my suitcase. This is, why I would like an official information or certificate, that I am allowed to take books by BHAGWAN SHREE RAJNEESH through the customs of the US.
If this is not allowed, I will have to cancel the dates of my workshops, because I am not running blindly into any avoidable risks. I am not inclined to get into trouble, when the immigration officer sees the books by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh mistakenly looking at me at a potential suicide bomber. I ask you this for a certain reason: I discovered, that the Washington based TRC is including the name RAJNEESH and the term RAJNEESHISM among updated terrorist organisations. The list reads as follows:
1. Horatia Ul Jihad
2. Lashkar e Jhangra
3. Al Qaeda
4. Rajneesh Cult
5. Jamyat Ul Islam
I would like to know:
Is the so called Rajneesh Cult listed among terrorist organisations also in the DHS? If so, please deliver me the empirical database for this decision. If not, I would like your support in my efforts, to remove these names from the list of the Washington based
Center for Terrorism Research (TRC).
The reasons for this are:
1. The OSHO-MEDITATION-RESORT in Pune, India, is presently the most prestigious meditation and wellness park on the planet. Oshos meditations are being practiced by millions of people all over the world with very positive effects on body, mind and soul. I myself had the pleasure to experience this for three decades now.
2. Formerly Oshos name was Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. Historically for a short time Oshos teachings were referred to as Rasheeshism and his disciples as Rajneehshees. This was, when OSHOS secretary Sheela Silverman started something what State Attorney David Frohnmeyer and others may have described as the first bioterrorist attack on US soil. Maybe because of this incident more than twenty years ago the terms Rajneesh, Rajneeshe or Rajneeshism were connected with the some kind of terrorism.
3. Single events never justify to denounce a whole organisation as a terrorist organisation! A lady from the Republican Party stealing some parfume in a warehouse does not make the Republican Party a criminal organisation.
4. I had a short correspondence with a very nice lady of the TRC, Mrs. Jennifer Hardwick on this subject. Complying with my request Mrs. Hardwick had taken the name OSHO out of that list, but obviously at least so far refused to let go of those terms mentioned before. Obviously they were even updated! With what kind of data I dont know.
5. Right now and under the present circumstances I am afraid that, entering the US, the customs officer discovers some books by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in my luggage which I carried with me for preparation purposes of course totally ignorant about that OSHO by the US is regarded as a leader of a terrorist organisation. He will possibly take me into custody and maybe what else
I am very surprised that a corporation, having the word research in their title, obviously is not able to make a difference between a terrorist and a spiritual groups. There is a difference between meditation and suicide bombing.
A few questions:
Does the DHS look at Osho (formerly: Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh) as a terrorist? In that case let me tell you a secret: meditation is a very good weapon against mass deception. Maybe this is why some people are trying to get rid of certain spiritually not correct enlightened masters?
Is the OSHO-MEDITATION-RESORT looked at as being affiliated with any kind of terrorism?
Are people like me, running very successful meditation workshops for corporations, regarded as being affiliated with any kind of terrorism?
Dr. Hartmut Kroll